Limited Warranty on Lamps
For years, most lamp manufacturers have used typical life expectancy as the basis for lamp replacements under warranty. Venture Lighting International understands the parameters involved in life expectancy and also uses typical life expectancy curves as part of their lamp warranty. Venture is aware of customers’ needs and offers additional warranty protection.
1. Upon receipt and/or initial installation by the customer, Venture Lighting International will replace any lamp determined to be defective in materials, workmanship or proper operating parameters. 2. Venture Lighting will replace any lamp that fails within one year from the purchase date (based on 5000 hrs/yr operation) when the failure is determined to be lamp related. (Applies to lamps with life ratings of greater than 7500 hours.) 3. During economic life, Venture Lighting will supply replacement lamps for failed lamps in excess of the failure rate projected by life expectancy curves when the lamps are operated correctly and in accordance with the guidelines outlined in this technical guide.
All performance ratings are based on lamp testing at rated watts, under controlled conditions, using primary AC electrical circuits with the highest quality auxiliary equipment. The performance of any lamp may vary somewhat under typical service conditions. All lamp specifications and ratings are subject to change without notice.
Limited Warranty on Ballasts:
Sunmaster (R) ballast products are warranted free from manufacturing and workmanship defects for a period of 2 years. Venture will, at its option, repair or replace ballast products which prove to be defective or out of specification. This warranty is granted by Venture to only the original purchaser or first end-user of such ballast products. If the unit is destroyed beyond repair or has evidence of abuse, the this warranty is void.
This warranty is conditional upon installation, maintenance and operation in accordance with Venture’s instructions and specifications set forth in the purchase order or contract at the time of order and in accordance with the standards of The National Electric Code (NEC), Underwriters’ Laboratory, Inc. (UL) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and, in Canada, with the standards of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). Damage by misuse or abnormal conditions of storage, installation, maintenance or operation, including, but not limited to, excessive temperatures or evidence of partial or complete disassembly beyond normal maintenance or expansion procedure void this warranty in its entirety. The conditions of any tests performed concerning any ballast product claimed to be defective in accordance with the terms of this warranty shall be mutually agreed upon in writing between the original purchaser or first end-user and Venture and Venture may be represented at any such test.
No implied statutory warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall apply beyond the afore-mentioned warranty period. This warranty excludes other warranties, expressed or implied and is the exclusive remedy of the claimant. Venture shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages. Venture’s liability on any claim of any kind, nature or description arising out of, resulting from or concerning any aspect of this warranty agreement or from the product or services furnished hereunder shall not exceed the price of the specific ballast or ballasts which give rise to the claim. For warranty service or repair, the buyer shall prepay all shipping charges to Venture and Venture shall pay shipping charges to return the repaired or replaced item to the buyer. However, the buyer shall pay all shipping charges, duties and taxes for products returned to Venture from a country other than that of the United States of America.
Product replacement/liability limits
The foregoing warranty shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the purchaser and Venture’s sole and exclusive remedy to the purchaser. NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY SPECIFIC OR PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS MADE OR IS TO BE IMPLIED. NO OTHER WARRANTY APPLIES. Venture will not, under any circumstance, whether as a result of breach of contract, warranty tort or otherwise, be liable for any costs or damages, including lost profits or revenues, incidental, special or consequential damages.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state and province to province. No distributor, salesperson, dealer, retailer or other representative has the authority to change or modify this warranty, either orally or in writing, in any respect.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state and province to province. No distributor, salesperson, dealer, retailer or other representative has the authority to change or modify this warranty, either orally or in writing, in any respect.
Warranty policy on the dimming of Venture Lighting metal halide lamps: Venture Lighting International, Inc. provides a one-year warranty on lamp life for Venture lamps operated on dimmable ballasts provided the following conditions are met:
1) A lamp must not be started in the dimmed operating mode.
2) The lamp must warm up and attain full wattage for at least 15 minutes (20 minutes for lamp wattages greater than 450 watts) before dimming can commence.
3) Operating position requirements:
Note: See individual Lamp Data Sheets for minimum dimmed wattage levels.
a) Pulse start lamps – Dimmable in all published lamp orientations.
b) Probe start lamps – Dimmable only in the base up (±15°) orientation.
c) SPC, Ceramic MR16, T4 and T6 lamps (20 – 150 watt) cannot be dimmed. SPC, Ceramic T6C (60, 90, 140 watt) and T12 (210 and 315 watt) are dimmable to 50% lamp power.
4) The reduced wattage level for a metal halide lamp must be achieved with a ballast which meets the recommended ANSI specifications for starting and operating an ANSI reference lamp at the rated lamp power. Magnetic and electronic ballasts should not lower the lamp wattage below the Venture specified dimming level (see Specification sheets) when using a reference lamp at • 90% of the rated line voltage for CWA/CWI and electronic ballasts
• 95% of the rated line voltage for Lag (HX & Reactor) ballasts.
5) System Requirements
a) CWA/CWI Switched Capacitor Dimming
• The sustaining voltage of the ballast in the minimum dimmed mode must be maintained at a high enough level to sustain lamps throughout life.
b) Electronic Ballast Dimming
• The ballast must be capable of sustaining lamps throughout the rated lamp life in both the full and dimmed wattage modes.
• To reduce cycling as lamps age, it is recommended that the time for reduction in lamp wattage from 100% to the minimum dimmed level be no shorter than 60 seconds.
c) Line Voltage Dimming (Venture magnetic ballasts, only)
• Line voltage dimming must be accomplished by voltage reduction only, not by waveform chopping, i.e. phase control.
• To reduce cycling problems as lamps age, it is recommended that the time for reduction in line voltage from 100% to the minimum specified level (see below) be no shorter than 60 seconds.
• For CWA/CWI ballasts line voltage must not drop below 70% of the rated ballast input voltage
• For Lag (HX lag and Reactor) ballasts line voltage must not drop below 85% of rated ballast input voltage.